Last updated: 2 July 2019
Inspired by The Now Movement, this page is designed to tell you what I’m focused on…uh, now.
It’s a way for me to keep myself focused on what I should be doing right now, and to also tell you what I’m up to right now. We both win from this page.
Lucky me, lucky you.
What I’m focused on right now
- I’m running Genius Division as Creative Director with James and Rich.
- I’m learning a lot of Brazillian Jiu Jitsu over in Sheffield. I’m preparing for the National Masters in September. I’m currently a blue belt, if you care to know about those things.
- I’m very interested in humane design right now, and design systems. I believe there’s a better way for us to design websites and products that’s more sustainable.
- I’m running Homebrew Website Club Barnsley. We meet every third Thursday at Barnsley DMC.
- I’m using the Homebrew Website Club to try and focus on writing more on my own website, and expanding this website. I’ve got a ton of past projects and stupid stuff I want to put on here, but I’m so rubbish at actually doing it.
- I’m always looking for new ways to keep active. I’ve recently started cycling, and also rucking. I still lift weights 3-4 times a week. I have to keep myself as active as possible because my job involves me sitting on my arse so much.
Things I’m thinking of doing next
- I’m thinking about bringing my Get Doing Things podcast back, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.
- Steve and I recently finished our first cohort of [re]start, and Albano has already got a job in the industry. We’re still trying to work out what to do next with this.
- As I’ve been enjoying rucking so much, I’m contemplating training to run The Fan Dance Race.