I ran the first ever Homebrew Website Club Barnsley at the DMC tonight. It went well, we had pizza, and we had a range of carbonated drinks available.
I worked on
- I wanted to look at a new way to display my work on my website. My work is a mix of all kinds of categories, so I’m still thinking about how to lay this out. I looked for some inspiration to redesign my homepage: I liked this.
- I started working on a new timeline for my work, and trying to work out what order it needs to go in. It’s really hard remembering when you did stuff…
- I introduced IndieWeb and what it is.
- We talked about Now pages.
- We talked about Uses pages. I’d never heard of these before.
- We talked about: how do you decide when to blog on your own website vs your business website? At Genius Division we’re re-doing our professional website and also making our own websites, and we’re trying to work out where to post stuff.
- The big hosting topic, and how to decide who to use.
- WordPress, and other site generators and CMSs.
Update: Tracey has done a follow up post on the DMC website.